Reference code: NTH-15505
Type: Finance, Controlling
Toegevoegd op: 27/08/2019
Over onze klant
Not just your average multinational, that’s just one way to describe this partner of Dixon & Company. This renowned and leading player in the food and beverage industry sets the bar in the international food landscape. Dynamic and challenging environment? That’s to say the least. They constantly strive to innovate and find new ways to offer food solutions to their clients, and successfully. Active worldwide and still growing strong, this organization offers all the ingredients for an exciting career in finance. Today they are looking for a Business Controller for their Ghent site who loves a challenge, is driven by sparring with different business partners and loves an occasional travel throughout top cities in Europe! Are you the finance professional who is ready for this exciting move? Then you should definitely read on!
As a Business Controller you are responsible for turning business data into financial insights and this specifically for your own Business Unit. Next to that, you will be working closely with different business teams and act as there main finance partner in order to assist them with business challenges and strategies. You will be based in Ghent.
Your main responsibilities are:
- You work on different exciting business projects such as profitability analysis with business teams, ERP implementation, financial start-up of new terminals,…;
- You ensure accurate and timely management reporting and analysis on business performance;
- You manage the monthly closing of your Business Unit and ensure accurate financial information;
- You discuss the actual financial results with the commercial team;
- You will be reporting on P&L results;
- You will reconcile physical stocks and discuss results with local management;
- You assure relevance and accuracy of different sources of information in order to ensure qualitative business analysis.
- You cooperate closely with the commercial, supply chain and other business/product teams (located throughout Europe) in order to understand business challenges and strategies;
- You take ownership on intercompany accounting and the annual statutory audit.
- Higher degree in Finance, Economics or Business Administration;
- A minimum of 2 year experience in a (similar) finance position (audit, finance consulting, accounting,…);
- You are fluent in Dutch and/or English;
- Experience with US GAAP reporting is considered a strong plus;
- Excel has limited secrets for you;
- You are an analytical thinker who is determined to go the extra mile to offer a story behind the figures;
- Communicating your findings and new ideas throughout different levels of the organization doesn’t scare you because connecting with people is second nature to you;
- Travelling to cool cities sometimes (for about 10% of your time max.)? Yes please!
- Teamwork is the way to go for you, because let’s be honest, what would you be without a team?
- Just tagging along is not your thing, challenging the status-quo however…;
- You are driven by curiosity;
- You are in your element in a fast changing environment.
This position offers a versatile and fascinating finance content, which will boost your finance knowledge and career track. Next to that you will have the chance to work for one of the most famous food/beverages multinationals in Belgium. They offer a fast-paced stimulating international environment, which will stretch your abilities and channel your talents. You will be working with driven individuals from all over the world and will have endless (inter)national growth possibilities. You can count on an attractive salary package including fringe benefits!