Reference code: KVE-15481
Type: Finance, Controlling
Date added: 16/08/2019
About our client
Are you looking to work for a renowned name in the insurance sector? You are passionate to improve the company’s performance based on your business insights? Keep on reading! Our client is market leader in insurance products that suit the explicit needs of both business and private customers. This international listed insurance group is an established value in the market resulting from an heritage of experience. The company reported an annual billions of euros inflows and provides employment to thousands of people. Their focus area is the European and Asian markets through a network of subsidiaries and cooperatives with financial institutions. For the performance management department based in Brussels, they are looking for an experienced business controller to strengthen their team.
As part of the control & performance management team you are a key player to help management reinforce the execution of the corporate strategy. You will be working closely to the different business segments through frequent and interactive conversations. Your responsibilities will among others include the following:
- Assemble all data and prepare the multi-year budget at company consolidated level;
- Prepare the quarterly forecast at company consolidated level in order to evaluate the company’s performance compared to predetermined budget and targets;
- Prepare quarterly reviews for the Management Committee and Board of Directors,-;
- Tackle ad-hoc specific business and finance topics to support the CFO and Executive Committee;
- Be the spokesperson for the different business segments concerning performance management related topics;
- Implement an external benchmark by collecting peer reviews and use this benchmark to challenge the different business segments.
- You have a Master’s degree in economics, applied economics or actuarial science;
- You have experience with controlling and a background in insurance or banking. A minimum of 7 years’ experience is required;
- You’re driven by numbers and passionate to have an impact on the business;
- You are fluent in English;
- You are willing to travel occasionally on an ad hoc basis;
- You take initiatives, are persistent, analytical and hands on.
Find yourself in a great opportunity to work in an inspiring and international environment that offers many possibilities for personal development. You will be able to work independently in a dynamic team. In addition, our client also offers a complete and attractive salary package, including fringe benefits like a company car & bonus scheme and 35,5 vacation days.