Reference code: CDU-17262
Type: Supply Chain, Supply Chain Management, Transport & Forwarding, Warehouse & Logistics Operations
Toegevoegd op: 18/11/2020
Over onze klant
Our client is a European pioneer and market leader in the FMCG industry, with 3 production facilities and more than 1200 employees in Europe. We are currently looking for a (Junior) Transportation Manager to strengthen the Logistics department. You will report directly to the Logistics Manager.
In this crucial role, you will be responsible for the end to end transportation flows and the logistics carrier management. You will also take the lead in transforming the transportation operations to the next maturity level. Lean/continuous improvement mindset is required.
In this role you will:
- Be end to end responsible for the all transport operations to support best in class service to the customers.
- Define the most optimal logistic carrier for each transport flow, taking into account all relevant criteria (sourcing, product portfolio, country, customer..) in alignment with all relevant stakeholders.
- Be accountable for the overall transportation network performance towards the facilities (on-time pick-up, on-time delivery and tender acceptance).
- Be accountable for the carrier management and improvement activities for all carriers.
- Make up and monitor the transportation budget each year. Afterwards you report and follow-up on cost, performance and sustainability
- Take the lead in transportation tenders in cooperation with the Procurement department.
- Manage the logistics forecasting and anticipate on needed capacity
- Manage continuous improvement tracks on all transport related matters together with internal/external stakeholders
- Be responsible for audits on transportation and carrier management
- Engage with the bigger logistics team to further developing transportation solutions and processes (planning, customer service, carrier management, analytics….). Identify and manage continuous improvement projects.
- A Master’s degree with a minimum of 3 years experience in transportation or supply chain.
- You have a hands-on mentality, you focus on solutions and have proven project management skills in a global context.
- You are known for your dynamic approach, you radiate drive and passion
- You have an analytical mindset, process driven and a good understanding of financials.
- You are a born negotiator and can manage different stakeholders in a persuasive way
- You able to set priorities and to adapt to a rapidly changing and challenging environment.