Location: Flemish Brabant
Reference code: AVD-14274
Type: Marketing, Sales & Marketing
Date added: 17/09/2018
About our client
Our Client is an international renowned company in the chemical industry with commercial and industrial operations in Asia, Europe, North and South America. The company is a leading producer, processor and developer of specialty chemicals and materials; their products are widely used in various applications. In order to strengthen the recently created Strategic Marketing department of the EMEA HQ in Brussels, we are looking for an energetic professional with experience in Strategic Marketing and commercial insights, preferable in a chemical company or related.A unique opportunity for a Strategic Marketing Professional with a passion for innovation to lead the marketing strategy and the marketing planning cycle for a specific business area.
As a Strategic Marketing Manager, you will be working in a recently created Strategic Marketing function within the business with strong plans for further grow and development. The goal in this position is defining and implementing the product/market strategy through the development of heat maps in order to create a more valuable, differentiated business portfolio in line with wider business strategy.
In this role you will report directly to the Strategic Marketing Director.
Main tasks and responsibilities are:
- Coordinate cross functional teams at building, implementing and monitoring the market strategy and marketing plan of your business area and drive the strategic sessions resulting in actionable marketing plans
- Develop a product development pipeline towards the desired product portfolio and accelerate the success of new product launches.
- Continuously assess the market for new opportunities through the collection and distribution of competitor) and customer intelligence to propose investment cases in order to strengthen the value chain position.
- Conduct regular implementation reviews to monitor and highlight opportunities and continuous improvement actions through market diagnostics.
- Participate in the build-up of annual business budgets and long-term strategic planning.
- Advise Supply chain, sales and operation teams within the EMEA region through provision of up-to-date market info
ProfileAs Strategic Marketing Manager you can rely on:
- A degree in Marketing, business or a Technical discipline
- Proven commercial and Strategic Marketing experience, preferable inside a chemical company. Ideal 10 years experience in a similar role.
- Track record of leading strategic marketing teams and initiatives
- Highly strategic with the ability to identify and develop new/emerging markets to promote product diversification.
- Excellent leadership skills with the ability to work well under pressure
- Passion for driving and delivering innovative commercial strategies within the global business.
- Excellent communication skills to act as a key high performing actor within internal and external stakeholder management.
- Strong communication skills in English, knowledge of other European languages is an asset;
- Ability to work independently and proactively;
Keywords: Chemicals – strategic – strategie – marketing – HQ – hoofdkantoor – negotiations – onderhandelingen – chemie ) manufacturing – production – empowering – empowerment – international – international – commercial – commercieel – products – producten – industrial – industrie – R&D – people skills – leadership – leiderschap – leidinggevende – manager