Reference code: ZVD-14424
Type: Supply Chain, Purchasing, Sourcing & Trading, Transport & Forwarding
Toegevoegd op: 08/11/2018
Over onze klant
Our Client is a leading multinational with worldwide activities. The Logistics Division provides fully integrated supply chain solutions to its worldwide network of production facilities and distribution Centers. For the EMEA HQ located near Brussels, we are currently looking for a Transportation Buyer with focus on all ground transportation modes.
You will be responsible for the procurement of international transportation services for ground transportation modes for material and product flows for the EMEA region. Working closely with the operations, you will define regional business requirements and carrier strategies that support overall organizational objectives. Main responsibilities include managing a network of global transportation providers, strategical sourcing and driving service provider performance.
In this role you will:
- Establish service provider selection criteria and evaluate providers against them.
- Track market rates continuously and understand key long-term rate drivers for multiple transportation modes, regionally and internationally.
- Negotiate contracts with transportation providers to achieve accurate service levels & pricing.
- Act as commercial escalation point to resolve service provider issues.
- Drive performance of service providers, watching over accountability for service commitments.
- Conduct quarterly or semi-annual business reviews with service providers.
- Drive visibility of transportation rates/services on technology platforms.
- Ideally 5 years experience in procurement of transportation, preferably ground transportation modes
- bachelor degree, preferably in logistics
- Excellent interpersonal & negotiation skills with both internal & external stakeholders
- Excellent analytical skills & strong knowledge of Excel
- Teamplayer & open communicator